I am attracted by clever twists in the way words are used. Here are some examples.
- Atheists can’t solve exponential problems because they do not believe in higher powers.
- An invisible man married an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.
- Alcohol and calculus don’t mix. Don’t drive and derive.
- A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to hospital. His grandmother telephoned to ask how he was. A nurse said ‘No change yet.’
- A noun and a verb were dating, but they broke up because the noun was too possessive.
- A man needs a mistress just to break the monogamy.
- A hangover is the wrath of grapes.
Speech pathologists do it orally.
Flutists do it sideways.
Electrical Engineers do it in parallel.
Mathematicians can do it at any angle.
Potato farmers do it with appeal.
Computer scientists simulate it.
Hackers do it when the system goes down.
Submariners do it deeper.
Helping your father
A clergyman walking down a country lane and sees a young farmer struggling to load hay back onto a cart after it had fallen off.
“You look hot, my son.” said the cleric. “Why don’t you rest a moment, and I’ll give you a hand.”
“No thanks,” said the young man. “My father wouldn’t like it.”
“Don’t be silly,” the minister said. “Everyone is entitled to a break. Come and have a drink of water.”
Again the young man protested that his father would be upset.
Losing his patience, the clergyman said, “Your father must be a real slave driver. Tell me where I can find him and I’ll give him a piece of my mind!”
“Well,” replied the young farmer, “he’s under the load of hay.”
Nonconformists are all alike
We have enough youth,
how about a fountain of smart?
WARNING – You are about to exceed the limit of my medication!
Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country
are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It’s
the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity.
But then … we elected them.
A Texas girl and a woman from New York meet at a
party. The Texas gal says, “Hi! Where y’all from?”
The New Yorker sticks her nose in the air like
she’s checking for rain, and replies, “Where I
come from, we don’t end our sentences with a
Texas gal says, “Fine. Where y’all from…bitch!”
Thank God for the IRS. Without them I’d be
Why were there only 49 contestants for the “Miss
Ebonics U.S.A.” Pageant?
No contestant wanted to wear the banner that
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.