Time for something a little different from word definitions.
Pensitivit101 explored her archives and found some questions set by Teresa Grabs who was the originator of Fibbing Friday.
There are some gems so if any questions for March seem familiar, you can understand why!
- What did you find in the unopened can of mixed nuts?
- They just cancelled your favorite TV show – what do you do?
Start to rebuild your IQ level. If Facebook and Twitter had burned down, we’d have some decent politicians and we wouldn’t be in this Brexit mess.
3. What is the answer to 3 Down?
4. What do Scots wear under their kilts?
I wear Argyle socks and my Sgian Dubh, ‘cause I’m a sharp dresser.
5. How did the platypus get its name?
My So–So Great-Great-Grandfather bestowed that name on it. At least witnesses at the time think that’s what he said. Aside from being Scottish, his pronunciation was never the best because he was the official taste-tester at a whiskey distillery just outside Canberra. Some folks said that he had a drinking problem, but his mates said he never had a problem drinking. He died when he tripped, and drowned in a big vat of it. When the foreman told his wife she said, “Ach, Robbie, ya ne’er stood a chance.” The foreman replied, “Sure he did. He got out three times to go to the loo.”
6. You find a treasure map – what is the treasure?
It’s peace and quiet on a small, independent, bucolic island in the Caribbean, named Tikoyya, where ‘Woke Society’ has been declared a terrorist organization, and local ordinances forbid the import or possession of any of those Snapgram/Instabook/Facechat thingies.
7. They are making a movie of your life – what is the biggest whopper they invent?
Wanting to make me appear rustic and pastoral, they claimed that I was born in a log cabin. I was born in the woods, to an old Momma wildcat, and didn’t build that cabin until I was almost three.
8. Bollocks doesn’t mean what Americans think it does…what does it really mean?
The problem is not with the meaning of the word. The problem is with the idea of Americans – THINKING! 😳
9. What did you give the last person who asked you for a tip?
I said, don’t bet on the Eagles in the Super Bowl, and don’t take any wooden nickels. I will safely take them off your hands because I’m a numismatist, although I’ve never been charged or convicted. It just means that I’m a coin collector.
10. What is over the next hill?
Sisyphus, pushing a huge rock. His shift is over, and I’ve come to relieve him.